Sunday, January 3, 2010

Did I do this last year?


I decided that I should maybe do a little recap of a few significant things that happened in 2009.

I think it will look like a punch list:

*Things that happened last year that make me feel like I have grown up… at least a little... since last time*

-I bought a car… with four doors and a hatchback... a family car.

-I tried to buy a house… then a condo… then another condo… then like 15 other condos… didn’t get one in spite of our best efforts.

-I held a salaried position in a global company.

-I was laid off from my salaried position.

-I got a Costco membership… I upgraded it to an Executive membership.

-I got my first college degree… Associate in Science, Administration of Justice/ Forensic Technology.

-I celebrated my 3rd wedding anniversary.

-I got my wife pregnant.

-I had a daughter.

-I did not visit the emergency room once… not even in my dreams… this has been the second year in a row.

-I moved out of an apartment during daylight hours… I got about 96% of my deposit back… they had to replace the little silver dishes underneath the burners on the oven and have a professional cleaning service come clean…

-I celebrated my 4th year of sobriety.

-I celebrated my 4th year of being an ex smoker.

-I grew a full beard.

-My wife gave me a leather wallet… without a Velcro change pocket… it is a coach wallet.

-I started wearing a watch, all the time, not just when I am running the shift at work, and using a real day planner as opposed to post it notes stuck inside the flap on my wallet.

-I did not get one phone call from a bill collector… well… I got a call from SDGE, because I forgot to pay my last month’s bill… but I answered the phone, and paid the bill during the phone call… so I don’t really think it counts.

-I started having to wear XXL shirts instead of XL shirts… not happy about it.

-I made some friends.

-I stayed pretty up to date on the idiot book… in 2009 I held an average of 5.5 posts a month, that’s more than one a week…yesss! Goal met… very grown up.

-I went to bed on time.

-p

1 comment:

Turbo said...

Pretty solid list, man.