Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The drive was sunshine and blue skies the whole way.

Phewf. What a week. Today I arrived in Salt Lake with the green car… safe and sound in spite of all of the weather forecasts. I need to be to the airport at 5:30 tomorrow morning in order to catch my flight back to San Diego. I miss my wife and I miss my Clover. I cannot wait to see them.

Let me back up a little bit... I haven’t put anything up for quite a few days. Sooo… I have been working and getting things ready for the big move. I have been pretty busy, and have not really felt creative enough to put something interesting up… I still feel kind of uncreative, but I also feel like I should update the idiot book, especially after being featured on jakes new blog.

Clover has been growing like crazy. I found out that she likes to hear me play the guitar. I can no longer hold her the way I used to… all of two weeks ago… she is too big. She used her last “N” size diapers up about three days ago, and is now wearing size one. She is also still cute as a bug. I am totally in love with her. She has started trying to roll over and loves holding her head up when I try to get her to cuddle with me. I cannot wait to introduce her to her cousins and aunts and uncles next month.

I finalized the game plan to get my family up to Salt Lake. As I mentioned before, I have moved my car up already, and am going back tomorrow to live out my last week in San Diego. I met my new boss today, and picked up my new schedule. I start working at my new Taylorsville Starbucks on Feb 1st. I also saw, for the first time, the apartment my wife and me… I guess I need to start saying my family and I… or maybe just my family… anyway… will be living in for the first few years of our Utah Adventure. Bottom line, I am psyched. I seriously am.

On kind of a personal side note, I have noticed something different about Salt Lake… or maybe about myself and how I feel about Salt Lake… Today when I was driving around the valley, I was excited and surprisingly optimistic. About what? About everything. The last time I was living in this place I was not a happy person, and as a result this was not a happy place. It is like I am seeing the same placed but in a new light. It is kind of neat, but even more exciting than neat. Long story short, I am pumped.

That is about it for now.

No comments: