Monday, August 1, 2011

It never gets any easier.

In my interview for my current job, the question was asked: “What is your least favorite part of your job?”

“Holding those under me accountable. I don't like to be the bad guy, but it part of my job to make sure the rules are followed. I wish that I could always make everybody do the right things for the right reasons, but it doesn't always work out that way.”

I still feel the same. I have always kind of tired to think of myself not as the guy who fires people, but the guy who let people know that they quit by speaking with actions, and on some cases words. Does that make sense?

Anyway, it has never gotten any easier. I always feel like a little part of me dies when I have to let somebody go. Yep. I think it will always bum me out.

No comments: