Monday, August 15, 2011

I read my own blog last night.

Hooray for Monday. Monday is usually the second day in my weekend. Yep. Sunday, then Monday. Not today. I went in to work today. It was a little weird. I kept thinking it was Tuesday. I stayed up pretty late last night. I couldn't sleep. It made it a little tougher to be at work today. As a result, I chose to drink some good ol' Dr. Pepper before the lunch rush. It was weird.

Let me back up a little bit.

My daily routine has changed a little bit since last march. I used to would have one or two cups of coffee in the morning, then take a cup to work to nurse through the lunch rush. I wold then have some sort of energy drink around 3 or so to get me through the rest of the day without blowing up on somebody. I did this for at least since I my early days at Zupas... over a year ago or so. Anyway, I started to get migraines that I could not get rid of. They would last for a couple days. They would get so bad sometimes that I would start to see stuff like little tracers or flashing lights or things like that. Last March I was having a pretty bad episode. I though I had a brain tumor or something. My assistant actually sent me home. I went to the doctor and got a shot. She said no more caffeine and my headaches would go away. I said okay and that was that. No more caffeine.

I think that up until today I have had maybe six gulps of Pepsi and three gulps of Dr. Pepper. Not today. I was tired and decided to go nuts. I drank a whole cup. It gave me the jitters. It made lunch run well, but I couldn't hold still. I was talking really fast and kind of mumbling. I totally crashed right before dinner service. It was horrible. I was kind of grumpy all night and I think I actually snapped at a few of my worker bees and all could think about was my headache and how I just wanted to drink more DP.

I found out that it is all or nothing with something else in my life. Kind of annoying. Anyway. No more caffeine for me. Ever. Stupid. Maybe I should just take next Monday off for reals instead of just scheduling it off but going in because I get a wake up call from my Assistant about how things are blowing up around her.

Hooray for Monday!

No comments: