Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sometimes its all just so fast.

I haven't really been up to writing lately. Work has been super busy and I have been battling with a sinus infection that makes me want to smash my hand with a hammer just to see if there is anything that can get my full attention.

Work has been busy. We are opening a new store the in the beginning of December and so we are training people like crazy at my store. It is definitely a stretch to train those people on top of the people we are training for our own store on top of keeping those who are already trained still learning and challenging themselves on top of focusing on the task at hand in spite of the constant daydreams about all of the new potential opportunities that are inherent to any growing company. However, in spite of how busy work manages to keep me, I still really enjoy it. It has been a real treat to see how much I have managed to grow as a manager and a person over the last months. I feel like this job provides something that my last one did not. It is real nice to be in an environment that inspires growth for .those who desire to grow as opposed to those who are buddies with those who are in charge.

Home has been nice. Mason is still teaching me all about everything that I never knew. I think that that is the other side of the growth coin. I have been learning so much about myself and how I respond and how I can change and how I function through the new life this guy brought with him. I am not sure if either of us was really ready for it, but I am sure that both of us are adapting swimmingly. Clover is still doing her thing. I woke up early this morning and so did she. We hung out and had breakfast together before any one else woke up. It was a real treat for me. We sat on the kitchen floor eating crackers and cereal. I wanted to take a picture of it, but it wasn't the image that I wanted to save, it was the feeling and the moment.

Maybe I should take pictures anyway... so that when I see them I don't forget about the moments. I never really thought about that before... I guess that I have never really been one for pictures. I don't know if I never really understood them or what... like I will take a picture and not download it. I cannot count on as many hands that are in house right now the number of rolls of film or disposable cameras that I have filled up and just thrown away. I mean, I share pictures... but I don't really look at them myself. Maybe I should put more thought and effort into my visual documentation of life for myself as much as others... yeah I think I will do that. You would think that after as many hours as I have spent learning how to photograph and document evidence that I would have just brought it over into my personal life without thinking about it. I guess that I have always just thought of documenting to share with others, not to keep to myself.

Soooooo.

Yep.


This is an old picture. I just downloaded the SD card a couple weeks ago. I found it after I wrote the post. Maybe I will move it to the bottom. yeah I think I am going to do that. One of the pictures and moments that I was talking about. I like it.

1 comment:

Beth B said...

Ahhhhh--twins! You are so right, its all just so fast.